I spent a little bit of time fixing one side of the compost bin to a boundary fence post, and I measured and cut a post for the other side. I dug a whole for the post and I will concrete it in tomorrow morning, I hope!
The idea is to make a T shaped bin with two bays, so that I can turn the heap from one side into the other.
I am making it with old bits of wood, half a fence panel and a piece of an old shed. Most of my fellow plot holders have built their own with old pallets. I find allotment holders are great at re-using!
The reason for the concrete is to make it last. I have cut corners before on jobs and it just makes more work in the long run. If a job is worth doing....
I have some late sown peas that are almost ready to pick. I could see the peas forming in the pods through the low evening sun. I would say a few more days will do them. This year I sowed a few rows of peas in succession.
Apart from that, my two runner bean plants that survived and grew have plenty of red flowers, but no beans yet. In general on the plot it seems to be a bad year for runner beans. I had plenty of broad beans though. I seem to be able