I went to the allotment today to find a deserted site with abandoned bean poles everywhere. People have bedded down for the winter, with little sign of any ongoing work.
Today, I cleared up a load of leaves and added them to my compost bin. They will make a fine compost in time. I also weeded an area that had been dug over. I covered another large bed with thick black sheeting. I did this last year and it gave me lovely weed-free soil by spring.
I was also pleased - I have several brussell sprouts still coming along and I managed to grow some red cabbage this year. They have small, but nice heads.
Other successes this year:
My comfrey eventually came on well.
It was a very poor year for potatoes. Only very small and sparse tubers.
I will post again soon...